1. I really miss running. Especially now that the weather is nice and cool, I get pretty envious when I see people in my town out for a run. *sigh*
2. I’m fully back into my Pilates classes now, so that’s helping me to be more satisfied with my level of fitness. It’s not a cardiovascular workout, though. Last week I rode a stationary bike at the YMCA. It was nice to do something to get my heart rate up a bit, even though I was kind of sore later. I’m also considering using the elliptical machine because I think that will put less pressure on my foot than walking does.
3. Christmas is just over two months away. Have you started shopping? My knitted gifts are nearing completion; I have two started and one more to start, and then some small finishing up to do on several. I think I’ll get done in time. Gifts for Chef are a whole different topic. I have ideas, but I haven’t begun shopping yet. I’m starting to feel the pressure.
4. Oh, gosh. One of my dogs just flatulated. It is a far more horrible smell than when humans do it. Dog gas is horrendous. Chef and I have been known to bury our heads under the covers when it happens at night. Or pull our shirts up over our noses if it happens while we’re watching television. The dogs don’t seem to notice, though. Or when they do, they flatulate next to us, and then leave the room. RUDE!
5. I recently bought three pairs of pants. They are all the same brand, same style, and the same size. The army green ones fit. The gray ones fit. The khaki ones are too big.
6. I’ve been thinking more and more about trying to start a small business of my own. I am not sure what it would be, though. I have ideas, but I don’t know if I have the motivation and dedication to make them work.
7. The other day, I had this random phrase flit through my head: “Walking through the world in a corduroy suit.” I don’t know why. Did I hear it somewhere? Is it in a song? Did my brain just randomly put those words together? It has been puzzling me ever since.
8. You know my husband? Chef? Well, I like him.