It’s a week until I go back to the doctor for another post-op check on my foot. I’m eager to go, because I’ve got a lot of questions.
1. Did the doctor take a piece of bone out of the first metatarsal? I don’t know how he could have straightened the bone if he didn’t, but I’m not sure. If he did take a piece out, how big was it?
2. Am I going to regain flexibility in my big toe? I can bend all my other toes, but I can’t really bend that one right now. If I won’t regain flexibility, how is that going to affect walking and running? If I am going to regain it, is it strange that I haven’t yet? When can I expect to be able to bend it?
3. Is there something I can use to reduce the appearance of the scar? I mean, I am used to not having pretty feet, and I didn’t have the surgery to get pretty feet. But hey, if I can have pretty feet as a side effect, I’ll take them. And if I can do something cheap and easy to minimize the scar, I’ll do it.
4. What activities can I do when? I know I can’t run for a long time, but when can I bike or use the elliptical machine?
5. When can we schedule the next surgery? (I need to know by what point I need to have my Christmas shopping finished!)
6. Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Okay, I guess the foot surgeon might not know the answer to that one.