1. I have total writer’s block. This does not happen to me often. In fact, it’s pretty often that I have about six ideas in my head and I just have to get them down. Not today. Total blank.
2. Chef was trying to send me an email. It said, “Unable to send message. Reason: error sending message.” Wow, don’t you just love Microsoft?
3. I’ve learned, as I’m getting around on crutches, that there are a lot of places you’d think would be handicap accessible, but aren’t. The post office for instance. I went there Thursday morning for work. There are two sets of doors, and neither of them has a handicap button. It was a struggle getting in, and even more of a struggle getting out because in the airlock, my crutch got caught on a rug and I nearly wiped out. And I began to wonder how people who are permanently handicapped manage to get around in these places. And of all places, shouldn’t a government agency be handicap accessible?
4. When I was a kid, there was some conversation my mom had with someone in which that person said to my mother, “Oh, you’re just a housewife.” I wonder how that person would feel to know that my ultimate goal in life is to be a full-time homemaker.
5. Due to my crutches, people have taken to calling me “Hopalong.” Lots of people. Do you think they realize how unoriginal they are?
6. I am loving this current weather so much that the other day it almost made me cry. And that’s kind of ridiculous, I realize. I must be emotional for some other reason, but I was so enjoying the perfect temperatures, the nice breeze, and the beautiful clouds.
7. This is the first time ever that I’ve looked forward to spring before fall was even officially here. But I just want to run again. But little bits at a time. In three weeks, I can walk again. In mid-January (six weeks after my second surgery) I should be off crutches for good.
8. The funniest links I’ve seen in forever. It’s a serious subject, but you won’t be able to help but laugh at the interview and what has been done with it.