1. Monday, February 8 was my dad’s birthday. I sent him a Happy Birthday email, but he didn’t respond so now I’m afraid he didn’t get it and therefore thinks I forgot his birthday. I didn’t forget. I’m just really bad about sending cards.
2. I used to think that if you were in your 70’s you were really super old. Now that my dad has been in his 70’s for a couple of years, it doesn’t seem so old.
3. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes are some of my favorite things, too, Maria Von Trapp.
4. I like haiku because it’s easy to write. I also like reading the haiku poems you’ve been submitting. Keep them coming, please. They are making me smile.
5. I ate French toast this morning and got syrup on my shirt. I’ve also been finding strange sticky stuff in my hair, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t syrup. But that doesn’t make me feel better because if it isn’t syrup, then what in the world is the sticky stuff in my hair? Maybe I’ll just try to convince myself it’s syrup. Even though it doesn’t look anything like syrup.
6. My bicycle looks forlorn sitting in the garage. It wants to take me for a ride. It apparently has not gotten a good look at the snow out there. And my bicycle does not have snow tires. Or traction control.
7. Chef’s on his way to St. Joseph, Michigan today.
8. Gryffon and Gracie really love playing in the snow. They run around like crazy and tackle each other and roll around. It’s very fun to watch. But they are very stinky when they come inside. Why does snow make them stink? I guess because they are wet. It’s times like those that I wish they were little dogs and I could just wash them in the sink or the bathtub.