On Tuesday, I received the Happy 101 Award from Tracy at Sugarcrafter. Because I’m a sucker for awards and blog topics (hey, even the best writers run out of things to say!), and in honor of this being my 100th post, I’m sharing it with you all.
The rules are:
- Copy the award image into a post.
- List 10 things that make you happy.
- Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
- Put in a link to their blogs.
- Notify the award receivers.
- Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.
So here we go: In no particular order, ten things that make me happy.
- Sunshine. It’s hard for me to be grouchy on a sunny day. (Not impossible, but much more difficult than on a cloudy day.) Sunshine makes me smile.
- Chef. I’m not exaggerating when I say he’s my favorite person in the whole world. I love how he takes care of me, lets me take care of him, shares his thoughts and ideas with me, cooks for me, enjoys my cooking, supports my hobbies and plans, and works together with me in life.
- Homemade gifts — both giving them and receiving them. Completely without planning it, Chef’s entire family exchanged homemade gifts this Christmas. It was wonderful.
- Yarn. I like figuring out what I can knit with it, and planning fun things to make. I like how it feels so warm and cozy when it’s knitted up into something.
- Science fiction TV series. I never expected to be a fan of SciFi, but I got into Stargate: Atlantis, then Stargate: SG1, and now Sanctuary. I even enjoyed the Star Trek movie that came out last summer. Such clever plot lines.
- Books. I love the stories, but I also like the weight of a book in my hands, and the feel of the pages. I’m not sure I could ever enjoy a Kindle. It just wouldn’t have the same tactile sensation.
- Grass, flowers, trees — basically, any growing thing. I love spring because I love seeing all the things popping out of the soil and coming to life.
- Comfortable shoes. Because of issues I have with my feet (namely, bunions) I have a hard time finding shoes that fit well and feel good. When I do, it’s a treasure.
- My chiropractor. I’m thankful that even when I had immobilizing back pain this time last year, he was able to give me relief without drugs or injections or surgery.
- Saturdays. It’s my favorite day of the week because, generally, it’s all mine. I might be doing housework or running errands, but I get to choose when to do them and in what order and how much time I spend on them. And if I want to (and I often do), I can often choose to stay home.
Okay, choosing ten blogs that make me happy is much harder. I don’t have a lot of time to read blogs these days, and even less time to try to find new blogs. I’m not sure I’ll make it to ten, but I’ll list as many as I can. (These are also in no particular order.)
- Tracy at Sugarcrafter. Is that totally cheating that I’m giving back the award she just gave to me? Well, I’m doing it anyway. I love the way Tracy’s blog is set up. It’s got a nice clean look, and she takes good photos of the food. Plus, the food always looks soooo good!
- Lisa at LisaAshby. She writes about being frugal and getting out of debt, both things dear to my heart. She also has a really nice looking site. Someday I hope to have a site as beautiful and clean-looking as Tracy’s and Lisa’s. Lisa also has a companion site called Craft & Creative where she highlights a variety of artists and crafters.
- Rita at Meemaw Moments. She’s my mother-in-law, so I’m biased, but she’s really developing her writing skills and digging deep into family history and even attempting some art interpretation. You never know what you’re going to get there, and it’s always interesting.
- Kim at Just a Southern Girl. Another family member. She’s Chef’s mother’s brother’s wife. I could have just said Chef’s aunt, but for some reason I wanted to get really specific. Anyway, Kim and Ivan are currently servings as missionaries in Argentina, and her blog talks about sights and experiences in Argentina, many of which I never would have dreamed of.
- Thelma at Life As Two. Thelma’s got a quirky sense of humor that I just love. She writes both lighthearted and serious stuff, but I almost always get a smile when I read it.
And… okay, sorry. I can come up with only five. Honestly, I just don’t keep up with a lot of blogs. Don’t hate me if I don’t follow yours as closely as you’d like. Someday when I’m independently wealthy and don’t have to work for a living, maybe I’ll read more blogs. Or maybe I’ll just spend time on my houseboat (which I’ll have by then), which is much more likely.