1. When I was about five years old, I choked on a piece of hard butterscotch candy. I managed to cough it up (which is good, because I don’t remember anyone being nearby at the time to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on me), but I was unable to stomach anything butterscotch flavored — especially hard candy — for about the next 25 years. I can eat it now, and I like it.
2. I have four email addresses. It’s ridiculous.
3. I like most foods. Exceptions to this include lima beans, duck, green olives, and any kind of organ meat (liver, etc.) There are also a few cheeses I don’t like. Camembert is one of them. Bleu cheese is another.
4. I don’t like sharing my birthday. You know how when someone is pregnant, and the due date is near someone else’s birthday, and the second someone always says hopefully, “Maybe you’ll have him on my birthday!”? I never say that. I don’t want to share my birthday. I’m not sure why I’m so selfish about this, but there it is.
5. According to my hair stylist, the color of my hair is nutmeg.
6. I would not want “nutmeg” to be listed as my hair color on my driver’s license, because they abbreviate hair color to three letters, and that would be “nut.” It might be accurate, but we don’t need to advertise it.
7. The idea for Crazy Eights came because sometimes I don’t feel like I have good ideas for blog posts, but I have random thoughts in my head.
8. Also, I more or less stole the idea from my fellow blogger, Thelma. Thanks, Thelma. Don’t hate me.