1. My friends Rajeev and Karen came over for dinner last Monday. I was talking to Karen about photography (she’s a professional photographer) and I mentioned that my camera keeps taking blurry pictures. She and Rajeev took a look at it and discovered that it was on manual focus instead of auto focus. I’m hoping that means I can get back to taking good pictures.
2. The YMCA in my town stopped offering Pilates classes and I’m totally bummed out about it. If I want to keep doing Pilates, I’m going to have to find classes at the other facilities, and from what I understand from the lady who was teaching the class, those other classes aren’t at times that are very convenient for me. Boo, hiss.
3. I made noodles last week, and it made me decide that I need to make noodles more often. It’s not hard, and they are so yummy. Here’s my method of making noodles, in case you want to try it yourself.
4. For a while, I thought Chef didn’t like my noodles. But then I cooked some for dinner and he said he did like them. “Why don’t you ever use them when you make dinner, then?” I asked. His response was, “Because then we would run out!” Silly man. I assured him I can make more.
5. Plan for the weekend: making these scones.
6. Tonight after work I will begin my Christmas shopping. I have some things in mind for Chef that I can probably find at the store when I’m doing other shopping. There is one thing I’ll probably have to get online, but all the rest should be available locally. Hurray! I figure I should get all my purchases made before I have surgery on December 10.
7. Speaking of Christmas, I’m knitting like crazy to try to get all my homemade gifts done in time.
8. Speaking of knitting, I’ll share a hat pattern in the next several days. I just need to take photos of it (with my camera that now focuses!) and then I’ll post. And now I’ve come full circle to my first item in this list. Quite amazing.